With the passage of the 2013-14 State budget, the functions, powers, and duties of the Office of Cyber Security (OCS) have been transferred to the Office of Information Technology Services (ITS). The statewide GIS activities formerly associated with OCS are continuing without interruption, but now organizationally assigned to ITS. You will see us identified as the GIS Program Office within ITS. We remain located at the headquarters office of the NYS Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services and will continue to support their GIS requirements.
GIS IN THE NEWS:
- Wyndham City Council Further Enhances its Residents Geographic Information with an Enterprise GIS Solution
- GEOStore: New Web Marketing and Distribution Techniques for Geolocated Digital Content
- Privatizing National Mapping Technology
- Why Gartner’s Magic Quadrant Missed the Importance of Location Analytics to Business Intelligence
- Western U.S. Disasters and Health & Air Quality: California Flames and Oregon Plains - NASA DEVELOP
- Free as in Painstaking Cartography Labor
- Search Across Many Data Sources From A Single Interface
- How Important is Location in Location-based Advertising?
- Tweeting the AAGs: Do Geographers Geotag more than Everyone Else?
- Ten Things You Need to Know About Indoor Positioning
- How to Use Geofencing Correctly
- American Sentinel University Adds a Geospatial Learning Lab and Badges to its Online Education Programs
- NASA Flies Dragon Eye Unmanned Aircraft Into Volcanic Plume
- Best Practices for Social Media Publishers: The Geospatial Edition
- GISCorps volunteer returns from a World Vision mission in Sierra Leone