New York State Office of Cyber Security
Geographic Information Systems Clearinghouse
Due to the presence of "sensitive
certain data/imagery is available
under the following procedure as directed by the
NYS Office of Counter Terrorism.
Data or imagery that is unavailable for direct download may be requested either in person, by mail, or via a faxed request to the New York State Office of Cyber Security. The following information is required (incomplete requests cannot be accepted):
- Name, Agency/Organization, Address, Phone Number, E-Mail Address
- Reason the data/imagery is needed (how it will be used).
- All parties (e.g., businesses, departments, committees, individuals) that will use or view the requested map(s) or imagery.
- Copy of valid government issued photo ID (driver's license or agency ID). If IDs are faxed, please enlarge and lighten the copy.
- Name of map or imagery requested -- please be specific. If requesting a raster quadrangle map, please specify USGS or NYS Dept. of Transportation edition.
- In person pick-up or mail delivery (to the address provided in item 1) of completed request.
- If your sensitive imagery request is related to work being done for a governmental agency or the owner of a relevant facility please provide that contact’s name, telephone number and e-mail address.
Please be advised that the Sensitive Data/Imagery request process is being reviewed and processing the request may take longer than the normal 3-5 business days. Thank you for your patience. Requests should only include data that are sensitive. (Non-sensitive data will not be included in any requests.) The inclusion of non-sensitive data may delay the processing of a request. Completed requests can not be e-mailed.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact us at 518-242-5029, or email us at email@example.com We appreciate your patience and understanding in this important matter and truly regret any inconvenience.
NYS Office of Cyber Security
1220 Washington Avenue
State Office Campus
Building 7A, 4th Floor
Albany, NY 12242