- The NYS GIS Association is a statewide organization for members of the geospatial community.
- The NYC Geospatial Information Systems and Mapping Organization (GISMO) brings together GIS users from the NYC Metropolitan Area.
- The Geographic Information Sharing Special Interest Group (GIS/SIG) fosters GIS use in the Rochester – Genesee Finger Lakes region.
- The Long Island Geographic Information Systems User Group (LIGIS) is an organization of GIS professionals on Long Island.
- The National States Geospatial Information Council (NSGIC) is a state-led organization for sharing information and endorsing GIS activities.
- The Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA) is a multi-disciplinary organization working to foster the growth of the GIS profession.
- The GIS Certification Institute is a non-profit organization that provides the GIS community with a complete certification program, leading to GISP® (Certified GIS Professional) recognition.